Eco Further Suggestions for Seva to Vrindavan Offered humbly by Swami B.A. Paramadvaiti of Vrinda and secretary of the World Vaisnava Association WVA-VVRS to the DM of Mathura SDM and MVDA secretaries. Vrindavan Municipality and all NGO organizations and individuals who care for the service of the holy place of Vrindavan and Vraja Mandala.
Dear respected District Magistrate, authorities and Sadhus and all otherdear Ladies and Gentlemen,
Being invited by the respected SDM to propose further ideas for theimprovement of the Vrindavan situation, I submit the following points foryour consideration and, if accepted, prompt action.
1. We have to have a permanent board of absolute transparency to overseeand audit all proposed projects and finances from start to finish. Thisboard shall have the DM as secular chairman and must include votingmembers representing the:
(A) Representatives of NGO's (Non Govermental Organizations) who work inVraja Mandal.
(B) Representative of the Local Business community of therespective area where the improvements are being done.
(C) Representativeof the Vrindavan municipality.
(D) A representative for archaeologicalrestoration from the Government department.
(E) A local historian whoknows, from the Vrindavan Research Institute, the historical significanceof the places of Vrindavan.
2. They should meet once in a month.
3. They should have an office with a public accounting department, newsletter to publish project reports to all donors and interestedparties, a treasurer and secretary who responds to the board.
4. There should be more power for the authorities to remove dangers and eye-sores from Vrindavan arising in mismanagement of private properties.
5. Cleaning Vrindavan should become a competition by local business peopleworking together with the board. Places where nobody shows any interestshould be put up for adoption by NGO's or private people to keep clean.
6. Parks, Ghats and other special areas shall be located and put up on amap. The places should be investigated by the SDM with local people to seeif they can be offered for adoption to private parties, and also to see what rights and duties will appear separately for each site for the local residents and for the adopting party.
7. Such approved adoption places shall be made known to potential donors in and outside of India, both civil and religious. The Vrindavan homepage is very helpful for this.
8. I want to stress that serious work with many parties will not start unlessthis board is actually working with power and enthusiasm. Potential donorswill not give to any bureaucratic, inefficient or untransparent situation or organization. Projects shall be reported with a good analytical study of cost and advantages. Then, after approval, they shall be carried out -once the full funds are available - to not get stuck with projects halfdone.
9. Noise pollution is one of the worst things in Vrindavan. Allspeakers destroy the privacy of others and their meditation.
10. Car owners have to recognize that Vrindavan streets were NOT made for these vehicles. One car meeting another on a narrow street stops all movements even for the rickshaws. A holy place must be peaceful on the streets, scooters and cycles at high speed are a danger, an offense and a damage to he image of Vrindavan. Senior citizens can only move in extreme danger since they cannot jump when one of these fast offenders race along.
11. People of Vrindavan have to be taught that this situation will not changebut become worse if we do not work hard to apply discipline.
12. Vrindavan Solutions Education shall be made a must for all the schools,and meetings shall be conducted - for the same purpose - with the otherelder population. Only a movement of civic action and civic consciousnesswill change the situation, will change things like (for instance) plasticbeing everywhere.
13. Offenders of noise pollution, littering and speeding etc. shall be obliged, in addition to the fine, to assist a week of civic education which must be permanently established. They also should be obliged to do a few hours of Vraja Seva as part of their repentance.
14. To realize all these ideas, a group of Ecological and pilgrim policemust be trained to control, educate and implement these projects. 15. If we are not more careful with our water and waste waters we will destroy the future of Vrindavan. We must give priority to this over all projects.Where there is a will , there is a way. Thousands of impediments are onthis path, making it easy for us to lose our enthusiasm; however, we cannot fail this opportunity to do Seva to the holy abode and thus help to establish as well the Hindu Dharma as A WORLD RELIGION with the concern of people around the globe who have all received the blessings of the messageof Sri Krishna. A holy place should be of the highest standard of cleanliness and social behavior. If money is the problem that can be solved. But if mismanagement on the local level is the cause not even money will come or could solve these problems. It is not our intention to make life more difficult for others. On the contrary it is our purpose to serve all the Brijbhasis and pilgrims who live in - or visit - the holy Land of Srimati Radharani and Vrinda devi.